For we all, with unveiled face, reflecting as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. -2 Corinthians 3:18
"The founding chapter of Alpha Delta Chi was started at the University of California at Los Angeles in 1925. The original founders were:
Ruth Umsted Ohly
Evelyn Kepple Kay
Marion Wright Madden
Willard Crowder Clawson
Theta Slingerland Dean
Alice Slingerland McEachern
Dora Marie Showalter-Goertz
Dorothea Harvey Schultz
Their vision was to create a place where Christian women could participate in Greek life without compromising their beliefs, build strong friendships, and most of all, they wanted to create a place which would mirror Christ's love to their community. The sorority was originally named Areta, which means virtue. The sorority's purpose is to provide fellowship for Christian college women, to strengthen the spiritual lives of its members, and to be a testimony for Christ on each campus."
More information and history about ADX can be found at: http://www.alphadeltachi.org/
Our Aims and Purposes
Spiritual, Scholastic, and Social growth.
- Personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Enrollment in a university where a chapter of the National Fraternity has been chartered by the National Board.
- Active participation in Christian service.
- Regular attendance or membership in an evangelical church or in some other church approved by the National Board.
- Interest in leading others to Christ.
- Willingness to avoid situations which would cause one’s sister or brother to stumble.
- Willingness to abstain from sexual relations until marriage.
- Willingness to abstain from smoking and illegal use of drugs.
- Willingness to abstain from alcohol in circumstances where the Christian witness would be adversely affected.
- A scholarship rating of at least a "C" or its equivalent maintained in all university work.
- Passage of annual examinations on the National Constitution, II Corinthians 3, and the active chapter’s bylaws.
- Procurement of a membership pin.
- Payment upon graduation or leaving the university, of an amount specified by the chapter to their Scholarship and Housing Funds.
Zeta Chapter Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AlphaDeltaChiZetaChapter